Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday

I feel like I am losing track of time. We have no Wednesday night services for a couple of months, and that usually provides the mid-point in my week. My mental to-do list helps; today is Wednesday, so I need to get to Michael's to get mats for some of my paintings, then come back and re-frame some of them and clean them all up. Tomorrow I go and hang them at Laura's. I'm inside for the show, in the studio. I'm not sure where that is, but I'm glad to be inside where I know there will be enough wall space to hang my framed pictures.

Mom brought over the newspaper article on Clothesline last night, and I am very happy with it. I expected no more than a mention, since Ann Nichols, who is the writer for the Arts page, had already filled it. They also printed one of Lauren Leutwiler's icons, and it looked good. We'll be in the Weekend section again this weekend, and also in the Pulse. I'm thankful that the phone calls paid off and we have such good press.

Rehearsal went well Monday night, and even though it's at the beginning stages, I'm excited about our upcoming recording project. The conference next weekend will be a good opportunity, too. I love working with other musicians and seeing new music come together; what a privilege!

No comments: