Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday

I missed church this morning, allowing Miss Lily about a three hour nap. I'm glad she slept; her fever broke last night and she is finally her cheery little self again. Hopefully the ear infection will clear up soon. I spent some time reading my daily verses that come to my in-box...right now I'm at the end of the Psalms in the OT. So beautiful. I loved Psalm 145 about one generation telling another about the Lord's work and his power:

5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

6 They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.

7 They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

I like how it goes back and forth: one generation speaks of the splendor of the Lord's majesty, and the other meditates on His works. One tells of His power, and the other proclaims His deeds. I wonder which is which--who is the younger generation? Do they tell the story of God's works, or are they the ones moved to consider His majesty and power as a result of hearing about what God did for the older generation? It makes me aware of how essential it is for me to share with Lily, and soon with Jack, what the Lord has done for us.

The other day I overheard Joel telling Lily that the Lord made kittens. I'm not sure what prompted this discussion, but it makes me glad that she will grow up knowing Who to thank for kittens.

No comments: