Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday

I think I can thank the Fitzpatricks for my burst of productivity this evening. Yesterday at church, they gave me a box of lily bulbs, which inspired me to buy a container and potting soil at Walmart today. While I was at it, I bought three large plastic containers for sorting Lily's baby clothes. I have been meaning to take the towering stack of boxes in the basement and consolidate them into a better home. So, this afternoon Lily and I spent a few moments sweeping the back deck (she clearly needs her own broom) and planting the bulbs. As I did, I discovered that each little packet contained two or three bulbs...I need more containers! I think Lily and I will take another little trip to Walmart tomorrow and pick up a couple more. I can't wait to see these lilies in bloom...they sound gorgeous from the descriptions. Some are deep red asiatic lilies, others pink, some yellow and orange. I hope they have a fragrance; I don't think they're day lilies, so they should. I watered them and am hoping for the best, since I feel like I have a black thumb sometimes. I'm going to enlist Mom T to help me raise these, and especially to water them while I'm gone.

After our time outside, Lily had earthy black hands and pollen on her feet, so it was bath time. She was very interested in me running the bath, and played with her whistling hippo and Rainbow Fish book. I love seeing her little curls, and how much she loves splashing. After her bath, Lily had some dinner and played with toys, and then it was bedtime.

With Lily down and Joel at a dinner for the elders and deacons, I decided to fill those plastic containers and get some laundry done. It took about an hour, but I now have all the boxes--eight? nine?--consolidated into three: one for 0-3 month clothes, one 6-9, and one 9 and up. The first is stuffed. I can't believe how many cute outfits my tiny Lily had! As I went through them, I remembered the people who gave them to her, and seeing her in them. A few are outfits I plan to save out...her dress from Joel's graduation that Bonnie gave her, the little green outfit that Kristi gave her, her first Easter dress from Bill and Patricia. I also found the little outfit that Mom bought when we found out we were having Lily. It hung in the walk-in in our condo for all of those months, and I was always so happy to see it! The cool thing is that it's a simple Winnie the Pooh sleeper, and it will be perfect for Jack, too. As I went through the boxes, I gathered an entire box of clothes that could be for a boy or girl. It is fun to think of little Jack wearing these tiny sleepers and onesies. I even found a few things that had been stuck away that Lily can wear right now. So, a very productive evening.

And now, a few moments to relax.

No comments: