Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday...ahhh

It has been an incredibly busy week, and it is a relief to be at Friday. Last night was my students' piano recital, which involved four young pianists playing two or three songs each...short and sweet. They all did well; I think it was the first recital for each of them. I placed my Mother's Day present--two beautiful candle holders--on either side of the piano, and they set the perfect tone. We had about fifteen guests plus the piano students and us...maybe twenty in all. They loved the evening, and the piano cake was a hit. I am proud of all of them, and will miss teaching them if I don't continue doing it next year after Jack is born.

The night before last was our fabulous rehearsal for tomorrow's conference. It was one of the best-sounding groups I have ever been part of, maybe the very best. I am really enjoying the music and the fellowship of these fellow musicians. I feel very encouraged in using my talents here, and it's all just exciting. I need to make some time today to prepare for tomorrow.

Joel has just about wrapped up his sermon; I'm proud of him for getting it done among all of the other pressures of this week. He sat for a couple of hours this morning, writing longhand at the table as he generally does. Having talked through some of the points with him, I'm looking forward to it. I love Joel's sermons.

Tonight is dinner with some friends from church, and it will be good to see them. And soon, off we go for a relaxing vacation in California. I can hardly wait to get there.

No comments: