Friday, May 23, 2008

Getting ready....Friday

The suitcases have been lugged upstairs, the laundry is churning away in the basement, and we are on the brink of our trip to Santa Barbara. A lot needs to happen in a little time, but we'll get there. I found out that Southwest allows two bags per person plus a small carry-on plus another personal item, so I think we'll be fine. I plan to ditch the usual diaper bag and bring Lily's darling duffel bag on the plane, which will be easy to fill with her food and toys and diapers. I talked with the airline yesterday and there were still seats available, so I'm hoping we can spread out a little and that people will avoid the row with the baby. :) Could happen. That was Liz' suggestion, and I think it's brilliant. I don't know if baby girl will sleep at all on the plane, but hopefully we can keep her entertained for those four hours. The car is generally less stressful, and hopefully will be on this trip, too.

Well, Lily's doing her part by taking a little nap, so I'm going to go and try to get a few things done. California, here we come!

No comments: