Thursday, August 14, 2008

So pleasant...

We had such a lovely evening tonight. Joel got Lily in her jammies while Jack and I hung out with Grandma Brown, and when she came back she had learned to give the sweetest little hugs, complete with pats on the back. What a darling. She is settling in after the upheaval of having us gone so long, and it's good to have my Lily back. Jack is a sweetie and an easy baby, sleeping a lot and sometimes watching us with bright dark eyes. He loves his milk and likes being patted firmly on the back when he's fussy. He also loves being swaddled, unlike his big sister--but they are similar in needing to have their hands free to suck on and having little use for a pacifier. Jack will take one occasionally, but doesn't seem to need it much. Mom is so dear and so helpful...took Lily on a little outing to Target so I could get extra rest, and is making some dinner as we speak. I really appreciate having her here. It makes everything seem less overwhelming, especially taking care of Lily. It's hard on me that I can't pick her up...it breaks my heart when she comes to me with her little arms up. Thankfully, I can when I'm sitting down and I don't think I'm hurting anything. I'll talk with my doctor about it when I go in tomorrow. I've picked her up a couple of times; sometimes, you just have to!

We're looking forward to having the Treicks over tomorrow night for a low-key dinner. A dear friend has provided some lasagna, and Mom T is bringing the slush. Should be a lovely time.

1 comment:

Liza said...

What is the slush?