Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almost there...

Jack is moving--slowly--and I am thinking about the fact that soon I'll be holding him. I can't wait to meet this new little one. Just hours now! His little room is ready for him, and everything is set for tomorrow. Okay, except packing, but based on my experience last time, that doesn't take too long. Mom and Lily are heading over for dinner with Omi and Papa while Joel and I have a last little date. We went out to dinner the night before Lily was born, and thought we would do the same thing. I remember being at Outback in Fallbrook, and when the waitress asked when the baby was coming, being able to say, tomorrow morning at 7:30! Crazy.

I am glad that Jack did not come early. Even at this point, the timing would be fine. Mom is here to help with Lily, along with Omi and Papa, everyone is off work, and we are ready for the big day. It's kind of relaxing. I don't even have to be at the hospital until 9:45, and I anticipate being awake far earlier than that. I trust the Lord for a healthy delivery for our little one, and am so grateful that Joel and Jack will be with me the whole time. I wish dad could be here, but I'm just thankful he'll be here soon. What an amazing month of visits and fun and celebration and recovery and exhaustion and quiet lies ahead. I pray the Lord will be glorified in all of it.

No comments: