Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And it's October.

All of a sudden. The leaves are beginning to change, and the weather has cooled off to the 70s, making for near-perfect days. I have one baby sleeping in her crib and the other dozing in his car seat in anticipation of leaving for the park as soon as Lily wakes up. The house is very quiet.

I have finished an eight-page article on the spiritual disciplines which I'm thinking of submitting to Modern Reformation. Joel read it and made some good comments, and I've emailed it to my friend Lynne for further input. It doesn't really fit with the upcoming themes for Modern Ref, but maybe it will at some point. It meets the word limit (3000 words) if you don't include the footnotes; with them, it exceeds it. Anyway, it was a good outlet for me to think through some ideas that I've been mulling over, so it was a worthwhile exercise.

No comments: